SHELLY'S BLOG

February 23, 2012

It's A Balancing Act

Phew!  The last two weeks have been a whirlwind! 

.  Prepared my house before putting it up for sale.  Required getting rid of things I don't need and just a good cleaning.  Spring cleaning came early.  And then keeping it clean for showings.  What a pain!  But it needed to be done.  Sigh
.  Preparations for my new single "This Town" - making arrangements for photography, artwork, radio tracker, mechanical license ('cause I'm not the writer).  Patiently waiting for the final product!
.  Preparations and practicing for my "Farewell" tour here on Vancouver Island.
.  Co-writes which included a Skype session with Lucy LeBlanc who I connected with through the Social Media Challenge.
.  Participating in the Social Media Challenge - which I have lagged a little behind but all is good.  Only three more weeks to go!  This week is about blogging.  Well I've got the 'doing my own blog' thing down pat but reading and commenting and socializing with other bloggers - not happening just yet. Last week was about setting up a youtube channel - already had that done so I was ahead of the game on that one.  And I just checked what's up for next week and its about Newsletters.  Already done thanks to my wonderful husband, Jean.  Fanbridge is awesome!  Check out my sign up form:  http://shelly-dubois.com/mailing_list.htm.  I was using a different provider but Fanbridge is the bomb!  I can even download an app to my smartphone and have people sign up for my fan email list right on my phone!
.  SOLD my house and I had to deal with all the wonderful paperwork that comes with that.  Still more to go.
.  Making preparations to move to Alberta.  My husband has been working there since September.
.  Booking hotel rooms for my move, my trip to L.A. for my photography (check out markmaryanovich.com, and I'm playing Calgary Stampede - need a room there, attending Canadian Country Music Week.  Stampede and CCMA's need to be booked well in advance or you don't get a room!
.  Going to boot camp and walks with my dog.  Exercise is a must!
.  And its good 'ol tax time.  Gotta get the books together for that!  Thank goodness for bookkeepers 'cause me and math don't get along at that level.  I found a sweetie of a bookkeeper.  She's even going to check into getting my memorial fund as a registered charity.  Something I've been wanting to do for the past year.  http://shelly-dubois.com/charity.htm

.  Working my social media on a daily basis.  



So all through these past two weeks did I want to pull all my hair out?  Yeah, 'cause some days were pretty crazy. But it really helps to set goals and make a to-do list or several for that matter.  Sticky notes come in handy too.  You should see my computer screens and daytimer!

So how do I balance it all out?  Tonight, I went for a burger and a beer with a friend.  Awww......there.......balanced.


4 comments:

  1. Shelly--you deserve a beer and a burger. Wow, all that you are doing...amazing. And when will we hear that co-write with Lucy? Thanks for being a role model on getting it DONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. It might be awhile before the co-write is complete. We have a good start!

      Delete
  2. Yep...good start on the co-write, Shelly. I had a great time working it with you...will need to get back at it, to finish, when you get the time.

    My gosh, you've been busy these past two weeks.I'm amazed that you even found the time to Skype with me.

    Heads up...I tried to open your link to your photography, but the domain was not found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy. Yes! must get to our song! I've set aside today as my music day. I'll see what I get accomplished! I forgot to put the http in front of the web address for the photographer. Oops! Thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete